Heart Warming Songs

Monday 20 June 2011

Health Warning: Stress Can Sink Your Dreams

Do you ever have one of 'those days' (or weeks or months) that seem to bring a multitude of news you really don't want?

Well, I had one of 'those days' last week and I have to say I felt tired, worn down and stressed out, quite an unusual experience for me. Of course my first thought at the end of that day was 'What have I been focusing on or thinking about?' This is usually where I go to get my answers when things aren't coming together because I believe what I am focused on is what I manifest.

And true to my thinking I was able to see cracks in my usually positive mindset and through those cracks doubt had leaked in to dampen my sunny disposition and my dreams! Ah, the power of a thought...

So from being sunny side up with total faith in what I do I went into a mini meltdown but when I got through the other side I wondered how people coped with being in that space on a regular basis. I experienced it over a 24 hour period but what's it like over a week, a month? How do you motivate yourself to get up and do anything? How do you sleep at night with the constant pressure of dread, worry or concern?

From my point of view stress can and probably will sink your dreams... if you allow it to. There is a need to be able to deal with a degree of stress from time to time but it is your responsibility to change your mindset in order to reduce its frequency and its affect. If stress is about your reaction to a situation then clearly you have to learn how to react differently. And yes, it is possible even if it doesn't seem it in the moment.

So when stressed, ask yourself:
  • What is it that is weighing me down?
  • What do I need to do about it? Action is key!
  • Who can help me (if required)?
  • How can I better manage my reaction in the future?
  • What is the feeling of stress stopping me from achieving and doing?
  • Am I okay with that? (and that should be a no!) 
Getting past stressful situations allows you to refocus on the things that are truly important to you so never stick your head in the sand in the hope the problem will go away, deal with it! This will help you become more solution focused and allow you to move on. 

Don't let your dreams sink - you deserve so much more!

Live Blissfully
YvonneB






No comments:

Post a Comment