Heart Warming Songs

Monday 25 April 2011

Taking Time Out For you

If like me you decided to have some down time over the Easter weekend I'd be interested to know how much you enjoyed it.

Did you spend time with your family and friends? 
Did you switch off from work?
Were you able to relax?
Did you purposely set aside some time for you to reflect on where you are and where you are heading?

I have to say I am a bit of a workaholic within my business but that is because I love what I do. So when it comes to the holiday breaks I do have to be strict with myself and set aside time away from work. Good Friday was spent with family and we had a great day! I didn't miss work, i just relaxed and enjoyed the good company. Saturday was a half and half day; some work and some more play. By Sunday I wanted to get some planning in place for the week ahead but I still managed to sit out in the garden and enjoy the sunshine. Today, Monday, I have used for reflection.

Reflection time is 'my time'. It's when I assess how I feel, how my relationships are flowing (family, friends and partner) and where my business is in relation to my goals. It is the time I take to recognise fully how thankful I am for the life I have and the one I am creating (although I do strive to give thanks daily!) It's me time...

Is it essential? Absolutely! It's all too easy to go through each day mindlessly, getting things done but not assessing the impact on your life or that of others. And you get to check if you're on course or if you need to be doing something differently or totally new...

Taking time out means different things for different people; it might be reading a book, sitting silently and just listening to inner dialogue, being with the people you love or maybe travelling. It might be something that takes 5 minutes or 5 days (like a yoga retreat). The most important thing is that you have some.

So when was the last time you took time out for you? Make it a habit, create time for it no matter how hectic your schedule. Chances are it will provide you with a return on the time invested and moreover... you deserve it!


Live Blissfully!
YvonneB


2 comments:

  1. My "me time" is an afternoon at the spa or a massage. Either can be wonderfully rejuvenating. I try to do it on Friday afternoon as it helps set the tone for a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it makes the rest of the week so worthwhile... I'm with you on either of these choices Pretty! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete